Parks and Gardens
The Parks & Gardens Division was established in 2008 in order to generate revenue for the Authority.
The Division provides employment for over four thousand (4,000) Individuals islandwide and is fully self-sufficient, that is, it is not a recipient of government subvention.
The division secures contracts for major projects from other government agencies and private companies which results in the realization of modest revenue earned for the Authority.
In 2009, the first of six (6) plant nurseries at the National Heroes Park was constructed with the capacity to house over thirty thousand (30,000) plants.
Communities across the island have benefitted from the beautification efforts of the division as overgrown lots and illegal dumpsites have been cleared and replaced with tropical flowers.
Since its inception, the Parks & Gardens Division has forged several lucrative partnerships with other agencies, a number of which include the following:
- Tourism Product Development Company Limited (TPDCo)
- Urban Development Corporation (UDC)
- National Water Commission
- HEART Trust/NTA
The services of the Division includes :
- Landscaping and general horticultural maintenance of properties
- Cutting and pruning of trees
- Lawn mowing
- Beautification efforts
- Plant rental for offices, special events and homes
- Sale of mulch and compost
- Construction Debris Removal
- Maintenance of verges and medians